Sunday, January 6, 2013

Creepy Captcha



There's a new kind of Captcha out there which shows a photograph of a number - usually an address on a buidling. I couldn't quite make out one of them,so I clicked on the audio version. What I heard horrified me to my very marrow. Click "play", if you dare.

This isn't the original Captcha that I couldn't see clearly, but it's pretty representative of the scary robo-demon voice that awaits the visually-impaired. It seems sort of ironic to have a robot ask me to prove I'm not a robot. Apparently the creators of the "bad" robots figured out how to make their robots read the numerals in Captchas, so the controllers of the "good" robots came up with this pictorial way of presenting numerals. I'm sure it won't be long until the "bad" controllers teach their robots to simply listen to the "good" robots' audio files and repeat them back. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

3 comments:

  1. Pretty disturbing. This is clearly a step towards some sort of Terminator 2 situation. Time to start warming up the EMP blasters.

    Update: To approve my own comment for posting, CAPTCHA just popped up to ask me to prove I'm not a robot. Ummmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! great Blog... Nice info...

    Thanks for sharing...


    bypasscaptcha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, This is Superb Article... This article is Useful for me... Keep Blogging.. your work is well, Great job! Thanks for sharing our great information....

    Decaptcher


    ReplyDelete