Saturday, June 22, 2013

Nothing to Write Home About


Don't Expect Too Much

There is nothing actually wrong with either the name of this soon-to-open eatery or the sign itself, so that is why I didn't post this in The Punctuator, where I usually post amusing signs. I just found it very amusing for its no-frills attitude, right down to the stenciled letters.

Maybe the owners didn't want to get anyone's hopes up that this might be some sort of fancy, gourmet Vietnamese cuisine. I've often suspected that most of the dishes available at a typical Chinese restaurant are not what the typical Chinese person (in China) eats everyday. If this is really the intent of the owners, I say kudos to them, although I might have picked a less banal name - but I am at a loss to think of one. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment