Sunday, November 4, 2018

And The Winner Is...

WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!

image

AlpoJones has announced the winner of her Freakin' Green Elf Shorts Caption Contest. Click THIS LINK to see it for yourself.

This was AJ's photo:

I don’t know who is wearing the jingle-bell shorts, but as long as the car is fixed I don’t care.


And this was Scarlet's winning caption:

There's nothing like a good fiddle under my bonnet with a few chums.

This is the second time that Ms. Scarlet has won the detestable polyestables:



Congratulations, Scarlet. We can't wait to see what you do with them this time.

And the FGES continue their journey around the globe. Where will they go next?


15 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Scarlet! And a fantastic and fun contest, Alpo Jones!

    Thanks for the update, Rimpy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!! I am amazed!! You are very kind, Alpo Jones!! Thank you so much, I didn't think I stood a chance!! I will be thrilled to see the shorts again!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahem...I think you mean: "The Shorts". ;) Congrats, you deserve the honor (such as it is).

      Delete
  3. Congrats to the fabulous Ms Scarlet!!!!!!! But why did AJ not keep them longer, she unloaded those suckers quick!!!! And they were still stain free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AJ is to be lauded for a quick turn-around, IMHO, especially considering that some folks held onto them for years.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Scarlet!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, belated congratulations to Ms Scarlet!!!

    On the other hand: Damn her for winning them again! Now I've got to try and squeeze her in to the already overcrowded Great Britain part of the FGES Travel Map again. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Miss Scarlet!

    And thank you, Rimpy for taking the reins of TFGES competition firmly in hand. You've done us proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still in shock and overwhelmed.... I will post about my shorts win soon, but who should I send my details to so that I can get my grubby mitts on the emerald velour as soon as possible???
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell AlpoJones to contact you (probably through this comment section). Or you can send me your email address at rimpyrimpington@gmail.com and I'll forward them to her.

      Delete
  8. Congrats Miss Scarlet! The shorts will be in good hands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scarlet,
    Wear them with wild abandon, and share images freely.
    A saddened also-ran

    ReplyDelete