Friday, December 13, 2013

More Like "Juggernautweed"






I think I found the king of all tumbleweeds. To be honest, I don't know if this dried out husk of a plant is the one of the types that makes tumbleweeds. I do know that it is one plant - it had a one central stem, and although it was about the size of my car (seen in the background of the second picture for scale) it weighed only a few pounds.

We do have tumbleweeds in this area, but this behemoth was in an orchard, far from where they are normally found. I suspect that it tumbled off of a gardener's truck or trailer as it was being hauled to the dump or burn pile.

I can't tell you how tempted I've been to try to tumble this thing down the road by pushing it with my car, but I wouldn't want to end up like these poor bastards...

Cleek to make beeg

No comments:

Post a Comment